From: Luismo on
I am writing instructions for non-users of excel and need to identify the
windows just below the menu. specifically the one that identifies what cell
is ready for data. the one that indicates the name of the selected data for
sorting purposes (just above cell A1.
From: T. Valko on
It's called the name box.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: Dave Peterson on
Biff gave you the answer, but if you need more...

In xl2003, I can let my cursor linger over that box and see a tool top with the
name of the object that's under the cursor.

Luismo wrote:

> I am writing instructions for non-users of excel and need to identify the
> windows just below the menu. specifically the one that identifies what cell
> is ready for data. the one that indicates the name of the selected data for
> sorting purposes (just above cell A1.

--

Dave Peterson