From: TSA on
After running my program, I received the messages that "74
observations are not included because of missing values" in the log
file.

Based on the file that I imported, there should only be 43 missing
values (denoted with a ".").

Is there anyway to get SAS to show me what values are being considered
"missing"?

Thanks! I look forward to your responses.

Tonya

From: Eash on
Do a PROC FREQ on the column with a /missing option - will give you the
missing value frequencies.

for eg:

data test;
infile cards truncover;
input a ;
cards;
1
2
..
..

1
2
;
run;

proc freq data=test;
tables a/missing;
run;

Output:

a Frequency Percent
. 3 42.86
1 2 28.57
2 2 28.57

Note :

when you read numeric variables, the Blanks as well as .'s will be
considered as Missing values, as shown in the example..that may be a
reason for you count mismatch on the missing values.

Thanks
EasH

From: TSA on
Thanks for your suggestion. The proc freq shows only 44 missing values
as well. Could missing values for other variables be causing other
observation to excluded from the analysis?

From: Bjoern on
Depending on what you are doing that could also be the case. E.g. if
factors/covariates were missing in an analysis.

Additionally there are other missing values than the plain ".", so if
those could potentially occur, then I believe a safer check is "<=.z"
instead of "=.".

From: TSA on
Thanks for your help, all. When I factored it was indeed the missing
values for my covariate that were causing the discrepency.

Tonya