Prev: RowSource
Next: Need a code
From: ytayta555 on
Hi , and a good day everybody

Please to help me with this problem :

I have in a range (f or example : A1:E100 ),
in different cells , numbers like in the follow format /(string)
like :

12-16-18-25-33-43 ;

The other cell contain another values , like :
3 , - , etc .
I need a code to loop through my range cell
by cell , and , IF the value of cell is in string mode like :

17-28-34-36-39-42 ( can be different numbers , but with
the sign - beetwen them )

to copy them in another range , for example G1 ,
useing Offset function , like : Offset ( 1, 0) .

A lot of thanks in advance .
From: Rick Rothstein on
Your question is not clear on whether you want to locate strings with
exactly 5 dashes in it (with numbers on each side of each dash) or whether
you want to locate strings containing any number of dashes (again, with
numbers on each side)... I assumed the latter. Give this code a try and see
if it does what you want...

Sub CopyDashedStrings()
Dim Cell As Range
For Each Cell In Range("A1:E100")
If Cell.Value Like "*#-#*" Then Cell.Offset(0, 6).Value = Cell.Value
Next
End Sub

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

From: ytayta555 on
On 23 apr., 20:14, "Rick Rothstein"
<rick.newsNO.S...(a)NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote:

I see that your code work in any situation .

This is the code that I was looking for , and it do
all what I need :

Sub CopyDashedStrings()

Dim Cell As Range
For Each Cell In Range("A1:E100")
If Cell.Value Like "*#-#*" Then ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Value =
Cell.Value
If ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Value Like "*#-#*" Then
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Next Cell

End Sub

Thank you so much , you are really great .

GOD BLESS MICROSOFT . AND ALL WHICH WORKED TO BUILT IT .
AND WHICH WORK IN IT .

Pages: 1
Prev: RowSource
Next: Need a code