From: BURT on
On Jul 27, 6:50 am, Igor <thoov...(a)excite.com> wrote:
> On Jul 26, 4:16 pm, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > There's not, so you're doa right there.
>
> > Light doesn't slow from C while leaving gravity therefore it doesn't
> > have an escape velocity like matter does.
>
> > Mitch Raemsch
>
> That's totally nonsensical, but even so, how would that limit
> acceleration?

If there is a light speed acceleration energy reaches light speed and
that violates the SR motion law. Clearly there is no light speed
acceleration. The possibility for new accceleration goes down as you
approach the speed of light.

Mitch Raemsch
From: Jonathan Doolin on
On Jul 27, 2:52 pm, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jul 27, 6:50 am, Igor <thoov...(a)excite.com> wrote:

> > > Light doesn't slow from C while leaving gravity therefore it doesn't
> > > have an escape velocity like matter does.
>
> > > Mitch Raemsch
>
> > That's totally nonsensical, but even so, how would that limit
> > acceleration?
>
> If there is a light speed acceleration energy reaches light speed and
> that violates the SR motion law. Clearly there is no light speed
> acceleration. The possibility for new accceleration goes down as you
> approach the speed of light.
>
> Mitch Raemsch

There's two ways of thinking of acceleration. The standard way to
think of it is as the differential change in velocity over a
differential change in time. So you can always break down any
particular change in velocity as several smaller changes in velocity.
If for instance, somehow a particle were to accelerate by .9c in a
hundredth of a second, and then accelerate by .9c in the next
hundredth of a second, and continue doing this for a whole second, it
would seem like the acceleration must be 90 c in one second. But
you're overlooking of course, that velocity is not additive. You use
the velocity-addition-rule. ...or you think in terms of rapidity
changes, and then you can just add normally.

Another way of thinking of acceleration is as an instantaneous event.
An instantaneous change in velocity. I'm not exactly sure whether
such a thing exists or not, but one could say there is no way for any
instantaneous change in velocity to result in a change greater than
the speed of light. True, but in this case, also, it is probably
better to think in terms of rapidity. Though there is a maximum
instantaneous change in velocity, there is NO maximum instantaneous
change in rapidity.

Of course, I am speaking here of a theoretical point particle. If the
object under acceleration has any size to it at all, there would
probably structural issues, and it could be crushed by certain levels
of acceleration.

Well, that's my two cents, anyway.

Jonathan Doolin
From: BURT on
On Jul 27, 6:02 pm, Jonathan Doolin <good4us...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 27, 2:52 pm, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > That's totally nonsensical, but even so, how would that limit
> > > acceleration?
>
> > If there is a light speed acceleration energy reaches light speed and
> > that violates the SR motion law. Clearly there is no light speed
> > acceleration. The possibility for new accceleration goes down as you
> > approach the speed of light.
>
> > Mitch Raemsch
>
> There's two ways of thinking of acceleration.  The standard way to
> think of it is as the differential change in velocity over a
> differential change in time.  So you can always break down any
> particular change in velocity as several smaller changes in velocity.
> If for instance, somehow a particle were to accelerate by .9c in a
> hundredth of a second, and then accelerate by .9c in the next
> hundredth of a second, and continue doing this for a whole second, it
> would seem like the acceleration must be 90 c in one second.  But
> you're overlooking of course, that velocity is not additive.  You use
> the velocity-addition-rule.  ...or you think in terms of rapidity
> changes, and then you can just add normally.
>
> Another way of thinking of acceleration is as an instantaneous event.
> An instantaneous change in velocity.  I'm not exactly sure whether
> such a thing exists or not, but one could say there is no way for any
> instantaneous change in velocity to result in a change greater than
> the speed of light.  True, but in this case, also, it is probably
> better to think in terms of rapidity.  Though there is a maximum
> instantaneous change in velocity, there is NO maximum instantaneous
> change in rapidity.
>
> Of course, I am speaking here of a theoretical point particle.  If the
> object under acceleration has any size to it at all, there would
> probably structural issues, and it could be crushed by certain levels
> of acceleration.
>
> Well, that's my two cents, anyway.
>
> Jonathan Doolin- Hide quoted text -

If you accelerate energy - as in a space ship - energy's time flow
goes slower. There are Two times. When one slows the two as a whole
flow slows down for energy. The two times are one from gravity which
is in space and the other from motion of matterial through space. The
two rates combine as a whole to flow as one rate over matter as it
moves in the gravitational field. This is gravity time and motion time
together flowing.

Mitch Raemsch

From: Igor on
On Jul 27, 3:52 pm, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jul 27, 6:50 am, Igor <thoov...(a)excite.com> wrote:

> > > Light doesn't slow from C while leaving gravity therefore it doesn't
> > > have an escape velocity like matter does.
>
> > > Mitch Raemsch
>
> > That's totally nonsensical, but even so, how would that limit
> > acceleration?
>
> If there is a light speed acceleration energy reaches light speed and
> that violates the SR motion law. Clearly there is no light speed
> acceleration. The possibility for new accceleration goes down as you
> approach the speed of light.

That's about as clear as the mud your mind has been wallowing in ever
since you've been posting to usenet.

From: BURT on
On Jul 28, 6:54 am, Igor <thoov...(a)excite.com> wrote:
> On Jul 27, 3:52 pm, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > That's totally nonsensical, but even so, how would that limit
> > > acceleration?
>
> > If there is a light speed acceleration energy reaches light speed and
> > that violates the SR motion law. Clearly there is no light speed
> > acceleration. The possibility for new accceleration goes down as you
> > approach the speed of light.
>
> That's about as clear as the mud your mind has been wallowing in ever
> since you've been posting to usenet.- Hide quoted text -

It is clear that if you have a speed limit you have a change of speed
limit and weight enforces it.

Mitch Raemsch