From: Steve on
I have two separate data columns. Col B has only last name, and Col D has
last name, comma, first name.

I'd like ALERTs in the F column if everything to the left of the comma in
D2 Does Not Match exactly with B2, and dragged down. If it matches, then
nothing.
Something like this.
B D F
Montana Montana, Joe ""
Young Brady, Tom ALERT
Unitas Unitas, John ""
Bradshaw Young, Steve ALERT

Thanks,

Steve
From: Per Jessen on
Hi Steve

Insert this in F2 and copy down as required:

=IF(B2<>LEFT(D2,FIND(",",D2)-1),"ALERT","")

Regards,
Per

From: Eva on
Hi Steve
=IF(EXACT(B2,(MID(C2,1,SEARCH(",",C2)-1)))=TRUE,"","alert")
--
Please click "yes" if this post helped you!

Greatly appreciated

Eva

From: Eva on
Sorry, I forgot to change c with D
=IF(EXACT(B2,(MID(d2,1,SEARCH(",",d2)-1)))=TRUE,"","alert")

From: Steve on
Perfect. Thank you so much.

Steve