From: b11_ on
If this newsgroup closes June 1, which forum covers .NET Framework?
From: Peter Duniho on
b11_ wrote:
> If this newsgroup closes June 1, which forum covers .NET Framework?

You can just switch to a real NNTP server, other than Microsoft's.
Microsoft has no way to actually "close" a newsgroup. All they can do
is stop hosting it on their own servers.

Pete
From: Jerry on
I can hear the folow-on questions already - what is an NNTP server and how
do I find one that also has these newsgroups?

From: Brian Cryer on
"Jerry" <ChiefZekeNoSpam(a)MSN.com> wrote in message
>I can hear the folow-on questions already - what is an NNTP server and how
>do I find one that also has these newsgroups?

Most (but not all) ISPs provide newsgroup access. So its worth checking with
your ISP.

Failing that there are a number of companies which provide newsgroup access.
www.giganews.com is one which I've used and can recommend. I understand that
its also possible to get free newsgroup access from some third party
providers, but I've no experience of those.
--
Brian Cryer
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian