From: Chris26 on
Hi

I have used the following to get the average value from a set of data whilst
ignoring zero values within the data set.

=SUM(K4:AP4)/COUNTIF(K4:AP4,">0")

I would like to use the percentile command on the same set of data. Is there
a way that I can use Percentile and also ignore zero values ?
Many Thanks
Chris
From: Mike H on
Hi,

with an ARRAY formula

=PERCENTILE(IF(K4:AP4>0,K4:AP4),0.1)

This is an array formula which must be entered by pressing CTRL+Shift+Enter
'and not just Enter. If you do it correctly then Excel will put curly brackets
'around the formula {}. You can't type these yourself. If you edit the formula
'you must enter it again with CTRL+Shift+Enter.

--
Mike

question.

"Chris26" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have used the following to get the average value from a set of data whilst
> ignoring zero values within the data set.
>
> =SUM(K4:AP4)/COUNTIF(K4:AP4,">0")
>
> I would like to use the percentile command on the same set of data. Is there
> a way that I can use Percentile and also ignore zero values ?
> Many Thanks
> Chris

Pages: 1
Prev: V Lookup