From: Mark Conrad on
In article <e3b4f825e07d15e431ad45c1b74d0ce1(a)dizum.com>, Nomen Nescio
<nobody(a)dizum.com> wrote:

> How can I get a minimal Windows 7 image backup?

In my case, my compressed image backup file is 7 GB for
Windows-7 Ultimate 32-bit, but the only large 3rd-party
app' I have installed is Dragon NaturallySpeaking
full medical version.

Also I did not use Acronis TrueImage.

Wonder if you or anyone else has tried using the built-in
image backup feature that is part of Windows-7.
(located in the Backup/Restore section)

It would be interesting to hear if that feature actually works.

I half-heartedly tried it a few times, but kept getting this
error message:

"Can't locate essential file 0x80060002"

That error message always occurred about 3 minutes after
Windows-7 displayed the message:

"Windows is now backing up your hard drive"

I finally gave up and went back to using my regular image
backup method, which uses custom Unix code from the
command line, therefore is not suitable for use by
the regular Windows user.

Mark-