From: nagendra prasad on
Hi All,

I have a database of MP3 and I want to link the download tab with an image
so that when user clicks on the image the download should start. I have full
path of MP3 in my database, I just want to link the same image with every
song. I don't want to upload the image to mysql database. I hope I am clear
with my issue. Please do let me know if I am not clear.

Best,
Guru.
From: nagendra prasad on
Thanks Jason, However will this work if each time let say a variable called
$mp_url will change. I hope you know what I meant. The MP3 link will not be
constant, but the image file link could be constant.

I already linked the MP3 link with its own name (Text ) and its working but
now I want to replace the MP3 name (Text) with an image because the song
name will be the heading of the page so no need to echo out twice right.

Best,
Guru.
From: Vinay Kannan on
So basically you want to be able to associate an image with an Mp3, and the
path to the mp3 is stored in the DB, right ?
If above is the case, why dont you upload the image to an image folder, and
save the path to the image in the DB too along with mp3 path details, I
think this should work !

Thanks,
Vinay

From: Karl DeSaulniers on
+1

This is the way to do it IMO. Has worked for me.

Karl

On Jul 4, 2010, at 1:26 PM, Vinay Kannan wrote:

> So basically you want to be able to associate an image with an Mp3,
> and the
> path to the mp3 is stored in the DB, right ?
> If above is the case, why dont you upload the image to an image
> folder, and
> save the path to the image in the DB too along with mp3 path
> details, I
> think this should work !
>
> Thanks,
> Vinay
>
> On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 10:50 PM, nagendra prasad
> <nagendra802000(a)gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Thanks Jason, However will this work if each time let say a
>> variable called
>> $mp_url will change. I hope you know what I meant. The MP3 link
>> will not be
>> constant, but the image file link could be constant.
>>
>> I already linked the MP3 link with its own name (Text ) and its
>> working but
>> now I want to replace the MP3 name (Text) with an image because
>> the song
>> name will be the heading of the page so no need to echo out twice
>> right.
>>
>> Best,
>> Guru.

Karl DeSaulniers