From: Kevin M on
I imported a bunch of records that include an item number that begins with
"0". Both the Excel spreadsheet cell and the Access table are marked as
NUMBER. Nevertheless, when the item are imported the leading "0" was deleted.
Why? How do I overcome that as I have to have the "0".
--
KM
From: Armin Zingler on
Am 02.06.2010 16:44, schrieb Kevin M:
> I imported a bunch of records that include an item number that begins with
> "0". Both the Excel spreadsheet cell and the Access table are marked as
> NUMBER. Nevertheless, when the item are imported the leading "0" was deleted.
> Why? How do I overcome that as I have to have the "0".

I don't see the relation to this group dealing with the .Net (dotnet) Framework.

Be aware that all microsoft.public groups will be closed:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.dotnet.framework&tid=9d7d4a72-c06b-4b0a-ac56-432617c930b7

--
Armin
From: Mark Rae [MVP] on
"Kevin M" <KevinM(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I imported a bunch of records that include an item number that begins with
> "0". Both the Excel spreadsheet cell and the Access table are marked as
> NUMBER. Nevertheless, when the item are imported the leading "0" was
> deleted.
> Why? How do I overcome that as I have to have the "0".

What application are you using to program the .NET Framework? C#? C++? F#?

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

From: Peter Duniho on
Armin Zingler wrote:
> [...]
> Be aware that all microsoft.public groups will be closed:

Not true.

> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.dotnet.framework&tid=9d7d4a72-c06b-4b0a-ac56-432617c930b7

Microsoft is planning to shut down their own NNTP servers. They don't
have the unilateral authority to actually _close_ the newsgroups.

Pete