From: Paulo Oliveira on
Hi all,

Until now, i have a mechanism to export a Sql table to Excel, but now
i need import some lines from excel file to a Sql table.
Any idea, please?

TIA
Paulo Oliveira
From: dlzc on
Dear Paulo Oliveira:

On Apr 8, 9:17 am, Paulo Oliveira <pa...(a)clipinfor.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Until now, i have a mechanism to export a Sql
> table to Excel, but now i need import some
> lines from excel file to a Sql table.
> Any idea, please?

Some people have had good success (as in fast) using OLE to copy the
rows to the clipboard, and then write code to parse them and update
the table.

David A. Smith
From: Paulo Oliveira on
David,

In my office i do that all the time :)
But i need a VO mechanism to implement in my app for my clients do the
job.

Paulo

From: Jamal on
Paul,

See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321686

Jamal

From: Paulo Oliveira on
Jamal,

Thanks for the tip...

I create a Linked server and just work fine for my propose.

SELECT * INTO XLImport FROM EXCELLINK...[VO356$]

On Apr 8, 5:43 pm, "Jamal" <vodotnet_nos...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Paul,
>
> See:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321686
>
> Jamal
>
> "Paulo Oliveira" <pa...(a)clipinfor.com> wrote in message

> > Hi all,
>
> > Until now, i have a mechanism to export a Sql table to Excel, but now
> > i need import some lines from excel file to a Sql table.
> > Any idea, please?
>
> > TIA
> > Paulo Oliveira
>

 |  Next  |  Last