From: Albert on
I am trying to import a text file where the data is comma separated into
Access and I receive a message box that saysL:

"The search key was not found in any record"

I don't know what a search key is or how to fix this problem.
I have several indexed fields set to "Yes (Duplicates OK)"

Access will not import the data. Can you help?

Thanks
--
Albert
From: Maurice on
Hi Albert,

You should eliminate the different options first. So create a new textfile
using notedpad. Type one line of text seperated by tabs. Create a second file
and then seperate the different options by ; and finally create one with just
a space as a delimiter.

Now try importing these three files to see if they don't give any errors
when importing. To be on the sure-side create an excelsheet with two lines of
data, import this as well and see if that returns any errors.

You could copy the data from your original text file and remove the comma's
and replace them by the new delimiter.

If you have no errors importing these files you can eliminate the option of
Access being the guilty one. If you do have any errors than there are more
options to look for errors.
--
Maurice Ausum

From: Albert on
I tried importing the file into a new Access workspace and it worked without
error. The text file I am importing is just over 1Gb in size and once
imported the Access workspace increases to just over 2Gb.

Could this import problem be related to the size of the data?

Do you know if access has any size limits?

Thanks
--
Albert

From: Pieter Wijnen on
the size limit of access is, surprise, surprise 2GB

Pieter

From: Maurice on
Well there you go. You just figured out the boundries of Access: 2GB

--
Maurice Ausum