From: Dave Angel on
Brian Salter wrote:
> It appears that every example is calling a dll, and I'm looking to
> bring in a lib. Does ctypes work with libs too?
>
> "Gary Herron" <gherron(a)islandtraining.com> wrote in message
>> On 08/12/2010 04:09 PM, Brian Salter wrote:
>>> I've seen a number of tutorials that describe how to bring in a dll
>>> in python, but does anybody know of a tutorial for how to bring in a
>>> lib? Is it even possible?
>>>
>>> Thanks, in advance!
>>>

>> Look at the Python module named ctypes:
>> http://docs.python.org/library/ctypes.html
>>
>> Gary Herron

A lib file is not executable. It's a *description* of routines and data
that has to be converted by a linker into actual executable code. The
reason it's called a static lib is that once it is converted by the
linker, the actual executable code resides inside the EXE file. So an
application written in C doesn't ship with the lib file either (unless
of course it's a compiler/linker).

What's your actual goal?

DaveA