From: PvdG42 on
OK, I tried the web forums, but since the real gurus hang out here...

This has to be me, but I'm stumped :-(

I'm setting up a simple XML read-write demo (VB Winforms) in Visual Studio
2010 Premium (tried in both the RC and RTM) and added:

Imports System.Xml

Result: Error Namespace or type doesn't contain any public members or cannot
be found...

VS 2008 equivalent example recognizes the Imports statement fine.

Note: I tried this with the app targeting both .Net 3.5 and 4.0. Same result
(two different PC's).

Any advice much appreciated (and, I'll accept any "dummy" comments along
with it)

From: PvdG42 on

"PvdG42" <pvdg(a)toadstool.edu> wrote in message
> OK, I tried the web forums, but since the real gurus hang out here...
>
> This has to be me, but I'm stumped :-(
>
> I'm setting up a simple XML read-write demo (VB Winforms) in Visual Studio
> 2010 Premium (tried in both the RC and RTM) and added:
>
> Imports System.Xml
>
> Result: Error Namespace or type doesn't contain any public members or
> cannot be found...
>
> VS 2008 equivalent example recognizes the Imports statement fine.
>
> Note: I tried this with the app targeting both .Net 3.5 and 4.0. Same
> result (two different PC's).
>
> Any advice much appreciated (and, I'll accept any "dummy" comments along
> with it)

Please ignore!
Project-unique anomaly. Creating a new project and importing the forms from
the old one solved the problem.