From: Anders Skelander on

"Rodolfo Leal" <rlealy(a)gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Probably the other cars that you compete against. I remember playing it
> a lot with my brothers, though in its Amiga version. We didn't tried it
> at the C64 because the graphic's speed was too slow.

I played "Stunt Car Racer" on both the Amiga and the Atari ST, it
must have been year 1989. It was a great game.

I suppose it is possible to hack the game they way it was described
in the first post on a real C64, to see the additional cars on the
authentic hardware with a lower number of frames per second.

Anders

From: Etienne von Wettingfeld on
On 2006-10-26, Rodolfo Leal <rlealy(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>> What are the "units" you refer to?
>
> Probably the other cars that you compete against.

You only compete against one car, my guess he means "road units". So
basicly you can see more of the track in front of you.

I played the game a lot. I noticed the Amiga and C64 version are exactly
the same track wise. Every bump is the same.

--
Etienne von Wettingfeld [Apple Mac OS X Tiger]
I.C. Sr. S.A.
From: Mark Smith on

Elerion wrote:
> hehehe... Cool. (Idea in general.)
>
> But you shoud have posted this to comp.emulators.cbm instead.
> We don't use emulators. (Mostly.)
>
> Things like that, that would improve games to use for example real C128
> (like Elite 128 @ off screen 2Mhz) or super CPU / Flash 8 etc. would be
> quite interesting.

A C128 enhanced version would be cool .. but is there anyone left in
the world who'd even know where to start on such a project ? :-(
I like my C128 it's just a shame so few games take advantage of it.

Mark

From: iAN CooG on
Mark Smith <strandedinnz(a)yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> A C128 enhanced version would be cool .. but is there anyone left in
> the world who'd even know where to start on such a project ? :-(

No, of course. The last one that knew 6502 asm died long time ago.

--
-=[]=--- iAN CooG/HokutoForce ---=[]=-
File not found, I'll load something *I* think is interesting.

From: None on
> But you shoud have posted this to comp.emulators.cbm instead.
Good point..

> Things like that, that would improve games to use for example real C128
> (like Elite 128 @ off screen 2Mhz) or super CPU / Flash 8 etc. would be
> quite interesting.

I think it's an idea that could be explored. It only really applies to
certain types of games where there is some sort of detail setting that
can be turned up to take advantage of the extra speed.
Stunt car racer was obvious because it actually shows you that it can
draw a lot more of the track than it normally does (when you're hanging
from the crane). So it was just a matter of finding the switch.

Another idea would be to take a game like Gunship or Mercenary and try
to hack it so that everything moves at half speed. If you then ran it
on a system that runs twice as fast as a standard C64, you'd get a game
that plays at the same speed as the original but twice as smooth.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: UDPSlave 0.91
Next: Wanted: CB64 v0.5 for Windows CE