From: None on
I'm not sure whether anyone is interested in this, but on the
off-chance...
Here's how to improve stunt car racer in WinVice (Commodore 64
emulator)

1. Start WinVice
2. Load and run Stunt Car Racer
3. Get at least as far as the title screen.
4. Hit Alt+M to bring up machine code monitor.
5. Type the following (then hit enter):

>173e 06

6. Close the machine code monitor window.
7. Set the emulator maximum speed to somewhere around 150% to 200%

Now you can see 6 units ahead instead of the usual 2. Increasing the
emulator speed compensates for the resulting slowdown.

Enjoy...

From: Elerion on
hehehe... Cool. (Idea in general.)

But you shoud have posted this to comp.emulators.cbm instead.
We don't use emulators. (Mostly.)

Things like that, that would improve games to use for example real C128
(like Elite 128 @ off screen 2Mhz) or super CPU / Flash 8 etc. would be
quite interesting.

From: David Murray on
This should also be possible on the Commodore DTV by putting it into
Burst mode (4X usual speed) I've often wondered what games might be
able to take advantage of extra speed.

From: Anders Skelander on

"None" <tmulgrew(a)slingshot.co.nz> skrev i meddelandet
> 5. Type the following (then hit enter):
>
>>173e 06
>
> 6. Close the machine code monitor window.
> 7. Set the emulator maximum speed to somewhere around 150% to 200%
>
> Now you can see 6 units ahead instead of the usual 2. Increasing the
> emulator speed compensates for the resulting slowdown.

I think it is great that people still find out new things to do with
old computers and old software!

What are the "units" you refer to?

Anders

From: Rodolfo Leal on

Anders Skelander wrote:

> I think it is great that people still find out new things to do with
> old computers and old software!
>
> What are the "units" you refer to?
>
> Anders

Probably the other cars that you compete against. I remember playing it
a lot with my brothers, though in its Amiga version. We didn't tried it
at the C64 because the graphic's speed was too slow.

Rodolfo Leal

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: UDPSlave 0.91