From: Anaida on

"SteveG" wrote:

> Christine,
>
> Yes. In A1 go to Conditional Formatting. Change the Cell Value is
> option to Formula is. Enter
>
> =B1="Your Text"
>
> Click Format, Font select the color you want. Click OK, OK.
>
> HTH
>
> Steve
>

> --
> SteveG
> SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7571
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=570036

I need help in doing something similar. I would like to have the font in a
specific cell turn red if the value of that cell is greater than another
cell. For example . . .
In A1, I have 4000. In A2, I have 5500. I want to subtract A2 from A1. If
the result is negative, I want the font in the cell with the result to be
red. Can you please help me? Thank you.

I've tried all the suggestions in this forum, but non has worked for me.
Thank you.

From: Gord Dibben on
Formula in A3................=A1-A2

Select A3 and CF Formula is: =C1<0

Format to red font.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: LorieK on
Thank you SteveG!!!

I am so grateful for your help.

Lorie

"SteveG" wrote:

> Christine,
>
> Yes. In A1 go to Conditional Formatting. Change the Cell Value is
> option to Formula is. Enter
>
> =B1="Your Text"
>
> Click Format, Font select the color you want. Click OK, OK.
>
> HTH
>
> Steve
>

> --
> SteveG