From: Andy on
Is it as simple as replacing the gcc packages with the multilib equivalents
and adding the remaining libs to their respective directories, or is there
more?

Andy

From: Loki Harfagr on
Sun, 16 May 2010 20:09:55 -0500, Andy did cat :

> Is it as simple as replacing the gcc packages with the multilib
> equivalents and adding the remaining libs to their respective
> directories, or is there more?
>
> Andy

there's a bit more, it'll imply reading quickly the 20 or 30 first lines
of this page and do the two or three things like mkdir or cd without
making a mistake about the name of the directory ;-)
http://connie.slackware.com/~alien/multilib/

By the way, thank you very much Eric Hameleers for that piece of work.
From: Peter Chant on
Loki Harfagr wrote:

> there's a bit more, it'll imply reading quickly the 20 or 30 first lines
> of this page and do the two or three things like mkdir or cd without
> making a mistake about the name of the directory ;-)
> http://connie.slackware.com/~alien/multilib/
>
> By the way, thank you very much Eric Hameleers for that piece of work.

Indeed, the process is simple and flawless. Perhaps it could be further
scripted and added into mainstream slack?

Pete
--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk
From: Eric Hameleers on
Peter Chant schreef:
> Loki Harfagr wrote:
>> there's a bit more, it'll imply reading quickly the 20 or 30 first lines
>> of this page and do the two or three things like mkdir or cd without
>> making a mistake about the name of the directory ;-)
>> http://connie.slackware.com/~alien/multilib/
>>
>> By the way, thank you very much Eric Hameleers for that piece of work.
>
> Indeed, the process is simple and flawless. Perhaps it could be further
> scripted and added into mainstream slack?
>
> Pete

This page describes the multilib upgrade process and the possibilities
in detail:
http://alien.slackbook.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=slackware:multilib

And to answer the other question: Slackware64 will "forever" remain
pure 64-bit. No multilib packages are planned in /extra either.

Eric
From: Peter Chant on
Eric Hameleers wrote:

> Peter Chant schreef:
>> Loki Harfagr wrote:
>>> there's a bit more, it'll imply reading quickly the 20 or 30 first lines
>>> of this page and do the two or three things like mkdir or cd without
>>> making a mistake about the name of the directory ;-)
>>> http://connie.slackware.com/~alien/multilib/
>>>
>>> By the way, thank you very much Eric Hameleers for that piece of work.
>>
>> Indeed, the process is simple and flawless. Perhaps it could be further
>> scripted and added into mainstream slack?
>>
>> Pete
>
> This page describes the multilib upgrade process and the possibilities
> in detail:
> http://alien.slackbook.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=slackware:multilib

Yes, got that. Simple, easy to follow and quick.

> And to answer the other question: Slackware64 will "forever" remain
> pure 64-bit. No multilib packages are planned in /extra either.

Ah. Pity it can't go in extra, as going multilib is one of the first things
I do after installing. I wonder how common that is?

Pete

--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk