From: Mike Jones on
Slackware 12.2

If I start a new rxvt from a running one, the child ignores
both .Xresources and .Xdefaults, and reverts back to the original size
and transparent background I reset things (in .Xresources) to avoid.

Is this an RXVT glitch, or something I need to tweak in some config?

--
*=( http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/
*=( For all your UK news needs.
From: Sidney Lambe on
On alt.os.linux.slackware, Mike Jones <luck(a)dasteem.invalid> wrote:
> Slackware 12.2
>
> If I start a new rxvt from a running one, the child ignores
> both .Xresources and .Xdefaults, and reverts back to the original size
> and transparent background I reset things (in .Xresources) to avoid.
>
> Is this an RXVT glitch, or something I need to tweak in some config?

I've encountered that. My solution was to put the inititial rxvt
commandline in a script (which you have fragmented in the config
files) in /usr/local/bin and to alias the script to something
short and use that to create new ones.

Sid