From: . on
Hello when running some SQL code in SQL Server 2000 Query Analyzer it runs
successfully returning the data set, but when copying/pasting the same code
into SQL Server 2005 query I get a couple of errors mentioned in subject
here. Are there any settings/configurations differences that I need to
adjust? Thanks in advance.

From: Erland Sommarskog on
.. (nothing(a)nothing.com) writes:
> Hello when running some SQL code in SQL Server 2000 Query Analyzer it
> runs successfully returning the data set, but when copying/pasting the
> same code into SQL Server 2005 query I get a couple of errors mentioned
> in subject here. Are there any settings/configurations differences that
> I need to adjust? Thanks in advance.

Try

sp_dbcmptlevel yourdb, 80

However, there were bugs in SQL 2000 where incorrect syntax was not
flagged. This was corrected in SQL 2005, but I'm uncertain if the bad
syntax is permitted even in compatibilty mode 80.

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

From: . on
Thanks as always for your helpful insight Erland, cheers :-)