From: hong zhang on
List,

I got error says IndentationError in end of line.
I could not figure out why. See following:

$ ./cont-mcs
File "./cont-mcs", line 264
mcs1 = ht_val+cck_val+green_val+fat_val+sgi_val
^
IndentationError: unindent does not match any outer indentation level

Thanks for help.

--henry

From: Ben Finney on
hong zhang <henryzhang62(a)yahoo.com> writes:

> I got error says IndentationError in end of line.
> I could not figure out why.

Nor can we, without seeing the code to compare indentation levels.

> Thanks for help.

Please construct a minimal example (not a whole huge program), that we
can run to show the behaviour you're seeing.

--
\ “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… |
`\ It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in |
From: Terry Reedy on
hong zhang wrote:
> List,
>
> I got error says IndentationError in end of line.
> I could not figure out why. See following:
>
> $ ./cont-mcs
> File "./cont-mcs", line 264
> mcs1 = ht_val+cck_val+green_val+fat_val+sgi_val
> ^
> IndentationError: unindent does not match any outer indentation level

Look at previous lines. Make sure you only use tabs or only use spaces
and not both. If you still need help, post all code back to last
unindented line.

From: Gabriel Genellina on
En Wed, 09 Dec 2009 16:32:18 -0300, hong zhang <henryzhang62(a)yahoo.com>
escribi�:

> I got error says IndentationError in end of line.
> I could not figure out why. See following:
>
> $ ./cont-mcs
> File "./cont-mcs", line 264
> mcs1 = ht_val+cck_val+green_val+fat_val+sgi_val
> ^
> IndentationError: unindent does not match any outer indentation level

The caret ^ might be misplaced; look at start of line 264, or perhaps the
previous line.
Remember not to mix tabs and spaces.

--
Gabriel Genellina

From: Lie Ryan on
On 12/10/2009 6:32 AM, hong zhang wrote:
> List,
>
> I got error says IndentationError in end of line.
> I could not figure out why. See following:
>
> $ ./cont-mcs
> File "./cont-mcs", line 264
> mcs1 = ht_val+cck_val+green_val+fat_val+sgi_val
> ^
> IndentationError: unindent does not match any outer indentation level

Look at the surrounding code. Indentation Errors often lies on the
previous few lines. Possibly caused by unmatching parentheses.