From: jackie on
Hi All- I need help returning a list of names on a separate sheet. I'll
enter "manager 1" in an input cell, and i want to return a list of
corresponding sales reps until i run out.

I am not sure which formula is best: Index, Lookup etc.

A B
manager 1 sales rep 1
manager 1 sales rep 2
manager 1 sales rep 3
manager 2 sales rep 4
manager 2 sales rep 5

thanks!
From: Ashish Mathur on
hi,

you may refer to my article at the following website -
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA012260381033.aspx

--
Regards,

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: Teethless mama on
> I am not sure which formula is best: Index, Lookup etc.

None.

Pivot table is the best option

From: T. Valko on
Is the data sorted or grouped together by manager as is shown in your sample
data?

--
Biff

From: Max on
Although there are formulae routes, I'd not dismiss the ease of a pivot table
(in the "separate sheet" that you specify). Assume the col headers of your
source data are: Mgr, Rep. In Layout, drag n drop Mgr into PAGE area, Rep
into both ROW & DATA areas (set to Count). Click to Finish off the wizard.
And that's it. Go to the pivot sheet, just click to "filter" the Mgr droplist
created by any manager to surface the corresponding list of sales reps below
Max
Singapore
---