From: KN on
Hi,

I have a strange problem with fulltext search on sql server 2008.
When I export a simple report as .xls file from reporting services and
insert this into a fulltext indexed sql table, I get the following error code
in the crawl during indexing:
Error '0x8004170c: The document format is not recognized by the filter.'

If I open the file with microsoft excel and save it (without changing
anything) and insert it into the sql table afterwards, everthing works fine.

So I searched for this error code and found an article saying that my
document is mis-typed or corrupted.
(http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc721269.aspx)

Has someone a similar problem or can tell me why the reporting services
export obviously creates corrupted .xls files?

Thank you.