From: gwailoh on
Hi,

I am having an issue with workflow approval for a document library in
BTR SharePoint 2007, whereby individual users who are members of the AD
Group assigned as the approve for the workflow cannot approve the
workflow.

The user will receive the following messege 'Task update was not
accepted.' when they attempt to approve and also the email they receive
informing them of the new task to approve the moderated item
stating
'You do not have the required permissions to view this task.
To complete this task:

1. Request access.
2. Review your task for specific details about this request.
3. Perform the specific activities required for this task.
4. Edit this task to mark the task as completed. '

After failing to approve they receive this message by email.
'The user who attempted to complete the task is not a member of the
group to which the task is assigned.'

This failure to allow an individual user who is a member of the AD
Group which is the approver for the workflow only occurs when the
following option is set for the workflow

'Assign a single task to each group entered (Do not expand groups).'
set to true

If this value is not set, MOSS creates a task for each of the users
within the AD Group, and allows any of them to approve the document.
However I want only a single task to be created which can be approved
by any user within the AD Group.

Has anyone else come across this and been able to fix the issue??

Thanks

James