From: Jonathan Bromley on
hi folks,

I have a very elderly Nallatech Strathnuey board that I might
try to get going if I have e few spare hours. It has two
old-original Spartan XC2S150 devices, two Xilinx flash ROMS,
a USB interface and a bunch of power regulators; it also
can plug into a PCI slot (I probably won't try to use that)
and various expansion connectors.

A few weeks ago I ping'd Nallatech about it, but got no
response (it's hard to blame them for ignoring a request
about a ten-year-old board, but I was a bit disappointed
to get no reply at all). So I wondered if anyone here
has access to any relevant documentation and/or driver
software... or, of course, the usual advice to stop
futzing around with museum stuff and move on to something
more sensible :-)

thanks in advance, and happy 2010,
--
Jonathan Bromley

PS - what's the correct way to write the past tense of
the verb "to ping"? Pingued? Pung? I started with
"pinged" but that would probably be pronounced with a
soft G...
From: John Adair on
I hadn't looked at their webste for a while but looks like they have
basically dropped anything that was a old product prior to their
takeover by Interconnect. I guess the new owners don't want the
baggage of the past. I used to look at the Strathnuey because it was a
competing product and even when it was a "current" board they made it
hard to get information without a full sales engagement.

John Adair
Enterpoint Ltd.

From: mac on

> PS - what's the correct way to write the past tense of
> the verb "to ping"? Pingued? Pung? I started with
> "pinged" but that would probably be pronounced with a
> soft G...

"pang"
From: Brian Drummond on
On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 11:12:54 +0100, Jonathan Bromley
<jonathan.bromley(a)MYCOMPANY.com> wrote:

>hi folks,
>
>I have a very elderly Nallatech Strathnuey board
>thanks in advance, and happy 2010,

I guessed at your email... if you don't hear from me, let me know.

Happy New Year!

- Brian
From: Nico Coesel on
mac <alexc(a)theworld.com> wrote:

>> PS - what's the correct way to write the past tense of
>> the verb "to ping"? Pingued? Pung? I started with
>> "pinged" but that would probably be pronounced with a
>> soft G...
>
>"pang"

Like in to ring? So ping would be ping pang pung?
We tried to ping him.
We pang him.
He has been pung.

Hmmm. Like the sound of that.