From: TruPlaya on
I had Office 2007 instealled, and later installed Office 2010
Technical Preview alongside it, and this caused Outlook 2010 to
overwrite Outlook 2007.

I used it for a whilst, but experienced a lot of problems with it,
all of which required me to reinstall it, or result back to Outlook
2007. So I have now reinstalled it 4 or 5 times and keep receiving
the same problem.

Now, I am trying to use 2007 again, and when adding a data file
using the 'Mail' control panel, I receive a message saying "the
informaton sevice is not installed on this computer". I have now
tried every solution I have found using Google, but have had no luck
resulting back to Outlook 2007. I am tired of using 2010 for it to
just stop working again (errors such as 'not implemented' when
trying to send/receive).

Does anyone know of a solution to this? There seem to be a few
others online who have the same problem.

Thanks

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.9 Final
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
Did you uninstall 2010 completely and reboot? Then reinstall office 2007?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

From: TruPlaya on
Have tried uninstalling Office 2010 and Office 2007 completely, with a reboot
in between each before reinstalling 2007.

Have now done this a number of times.

From: Jorge C on
once you have completely removed office 2010 and rebooted, then go ahead and uninstall office 2007. After that make sure you remove the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office registry key. You might get an error message saying you it cannot remove the entire key...that is ok. Just reboot after that and re-install office 2007. It should work fine after that.

Hope this helps.

Jorge C.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.outlook.general/Information-service-is-not-installed-on-this-computer
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Jorge C" <user(a)msgroups.net/> wrote in message

> once you have completely removed office 2010 and rebooted, then go ahead and
> uninstall office 2007.
> After that make sure you remove the
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office registry
> key. You might get an error message saying you it cannot remove the entire
> key...that is ok. Just reboot
> after that and re-install office 2007. It should work fine after that.

Don't compose all on one long line. If your news interface doesn't wrap
automatically, put new lines in manually. Also, always quote the the relevant
portions of the message to which you think you're replying to that people have
a clue to what it is you're referring.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]