From: Mazzo on
Hello,

I am programming with VS2008 and C#. My application should have a base form.
All forms my application will show should be inherit form this Base Form. I
have put the base form in a seperate managed control library.

After compilation all works fine, the child forms have the same properties
like the base form.

But the VS-Form-Designer doesn't show the forms correctly. The properties
are the default properties, not those form the base form.

Do I miss something?

Greetings from Germany,

MZ
From: Peter Duniho on
Mazzo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am programming with VS2008 and C#. My application should have a base form.
> All forms my application will show should be inherit form this Base Form. I
> have put the base form in a seperate managed control library.
>
> After compilation all works fine, the child forms have the same properties
> like the base form.
>
> But the VS-Form-Designer doesn't show the forms correctly. The properties
> are the default properties, not those form the base form.
>
> Do I miss something?

Probably. But without a concise-but-complete code example, it's almost
impossible to guess what it might have been.

Normally, public properties using simple types in an intermediate Form
sub-class used as a base class for another Form sub-class will show up
fine in the Designer.

So you must have done something to break that somehow. Maybe the
property isn't public, or isn't a supported type, or maybe you just
aren't looking in the right place in the Designer (uncategorized
properties appear in the "Miscellaneous" section when using the
categorized view; of course, using the alphabetical view, they'll just
be where you expect them).

Pete

Pages: 1
Prev: WSDL proxy issue!