From: heyokajohn on
I am having the same inking problem in Office 2010 Plus (not the beta) as I
had in the beta version last year. I use a Tablet PC extensively in my
classroom and often use my pen to annotate slides during slideshows (cloned
display). In PPT 2007, once I turn the ink on, it stays on throughout the
slideshow unless I turn it off. In PPT 2010, I have to turn the ink on for
each slide, which ruins the functinality for me and my students.

Does anybody know if this is a bu or simply a change in functionality in
Office 2010? Thanks!

PS: I purchased Office 2010 Plus through JourneyEd.com as an academic
purchase. Microsoft tech support insists they haven't released any final
version, but JourneyEd.com insists it's legit.
From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <F353A1A3-25C9-47EB-895F-DAA77021DB07(a)microsoft.com>, Heyokajohn
wrote:
> I am having the same inking problem in Office 2010 Plus (not the beta) as I
> had in the beta version last year. I use a Tablet PC extensively in my
> classroom and often use my pen to annotate slides during slideshows (cloned
> display). In PPT 2007, once I turn the ink on, it stays on throughout the
> slideshow unless I turn it off. In PPT 2010, I have to turn the ink on for
> each slide, which ruins the functinality for me and my students.
>
> Does anybody know if this is a bu or simply a change in functionality in
> Office 2010? Thanks!
>
> PS: I purchased Office 2010 Plus through JourneyEd.com as an academic
> purchase. Microsoft tech support insists they haven't released any final
> version, but JourneyEd.com insists it's legit.

My understanding is that 2010 has been released to some large corporate
clients but won't be available for retail purchase until June or so.

If you purchase 2007 now, you probably qualify for a free upgrade to 2010 when
it releases.

But it looks like JourneyEd acts as an online store for smaller colleges and
such. Perhaps you've gotten a corporate deal through them.

What does File, Help tell you about teh Version number when you look unde
About Microsoft PowerPoint?

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

From: heyokajohn on
Thanks for your response, Steve. Though I had to uninstall Office 2010 and
reinstall Office 2007 so I could teach this week, the version number from the
PPT 2010 xml file is 14.0.4763.1000. It is the 64-bit version.

If I could just get the ink to stay on, I would keep it installed. I was
thinking of imaging my hard drive this weekend and trying a clean install of
Win 7 & Office 2010, but I am dubious about this making a difference.

I am hoping for a solution!

Thanks again!

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <720C35C3-40C7-4575-867A-83E62FE5ADFF(a)microsoft.com>, Heyokajohn wrote:
> Thanks for your response, Steve. Though I had to uninstall Office 2010 and
> reinstall Office 2007 so I could teach this week, the version number from the
> PPT 2010 xml file is 14.0.4763.1000. It is the 64-bit version.

Even MS will tell you not to install the 64-bit version unless you specifically
*need* what it offers over the 32-bit version: big honkin' spreadsheet capacity but
not a lot else. And to get that, you have to sacrifice a fair bit; your add-ins
may longer work, Flash and some other controls won't work ... not a fair trade, I
don't think.

It's possible that the ink is one of the other issues.

Does anyone else have 64-bit Office to try this with?

==============================

From: heyokajohn on
I did a clean instal lof Win 7 and Office 2010 32-bit and gave PPT a try.
Unfortunately, inking still had to be turned on for each slide during a
slideshow.

Those of you wishing to duplicate this issue do not need a tablet pc.
Simply use your mouse to turn inking on during a slideshow, advance the
slide, and you will have to turn inking on again.

Again, this does not happen in PPT 2003 or 2010. Though I can wait until MS
begins to officially support this product next month, I think it would be to
everyone's advantage to address this issue now.

Thanks for your support, Guys!