From: cmcarthy on
Where can I find an add-in converter for Pocket PC 2003 Note (.PWI) files? I
believe that MS has an Inkwriter/Note Taker add-in for Word 2003 which does
this automatically.

I used the Inkwriter/Note Taker add-in on another computer with Word 2003
but I can't seem to find where to download it.
From: Bible John on
In article <EBE80931-6E4E-4E48-A321-2FF521DF1992(a)microsoft.com>,
"cmcarthy" <cmcarthy(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Where can I find an add-in converter for Pocket PC 2003 Note (.PWI) files? I
> believe that MS has an Inkwriter/Note Taker add-in for Word 2003 which does
> this automatically.
>
> I used the Inkwriter/Note Taker add-in on another computer with Word 2003
> but I can't seem to find where to download it.

This board is for the Windows CE handheldPC palmtops. Use the pocketpc
board instead.

John

--
http://johnw.freeshell.org/bible/
Heb. 4:12-For the word of God is living and
From: Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev] on
Word 2003 should be able to open "notes" files even if the pwi was
generated on a ppc or hpc.

However, you may have to either;

Check the available "converters" by running word's setup utility.

Install activesync on the same pc as word, even if you don't plan to use
that computer to sync.

There did "use to be" an "ink" converter in the WinCE 2.x/hpc arena, but
have not seen it here nor there for years... plus, seem to remember that
it couldn't handle ppc notes files.

hth,
Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]