From: ToddH on
I receive a message that tells me the Bluetooth Radio Failed to turn on
due to insufficient driver memory available. This happend even after a
soft boot. Is there a setting in Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition
that allows me to allocate more memory? I have almost all my programs
stored on a built-in memory card, so I have over 100 MB free, but
cannot start the Bluetooth Radio.

From: David Hettel MS MVP - Mobile Devices on
Driver memory is a special area of memory. In order to increase this area
you will need to uninstall some today screen programs most likely. I have
found that the more today screen programs you have installed the more likely
you are to experience this.

--
David Hettel
Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices

This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
You assume all risks for your use.

From: ToddH on
David,
I only have the Today screen that comes with my iPaq. I have never
installed another one. My iPaq has a built-in finger print reader. I
think that is the problem because when I search for this issue, my iPaq
comes up quite frequently. Is there a way to allocate more driver
memory by default?

From: Alan Smith on

David said:
Driver memory is a special area of memory. In order to increase this area
you will need to uninstall some today screen programs most likely.

Which part of that is it that you don't undersand?
It seems clear to me, and seems as if it is worth trying.

From: ToddH on
What is a "today screen program"?