From: Avivit Bercovici on
Hi,
I'd like to insert an SVG into a PowerPoint slide (PP2007).
I tried to use the instructions in:
http://www.indezine.com/products/powerpoint/ppsvg2.html

But I get an error "Object library not registered" , but I understand it is
a known issue :
http://www.mail-archive.com/svg-developers(a)yahoogroups.com/msg02660.html

So, how can I do it?
I'd prefer not to convert SVG to other formats, but if I must, do you have
any recommendation (for the format and tool)?

Your help is highly appreciated
Avivit
From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <EB5D7816-60B1-4D4B-A1E7-023D39DC6376(a)microsoft.com>, Avivit
Bercovici wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to insert an SVG into a PowerPoint slide (PP2007).
> I tried to use the instructions in:
> http://www.indezine.com/products/powerpoint/ppsvg2.html
>
> But I get an error "Object library not registered" , but I understand it is
> a known issue :
> http://www.mail-archive.com/svg-developers(a)yahoogroups.com/msg02660.html
>
> So, how can I do it?
> I'd prefer not to convert SVG to other formats, but if I must, do you have
> any recommendation (for the format and tool)?

Since PowerPoint doesn't natively support SVG, you'll need to convert it or
find out how to license/register the SVG object that Geetesh used in his
Indezine tutorial.

I did a bit of googling w/o coming up with anything promising in the way of
tools; I think you'll want to convert SVG to EMF or PNG, depending on whether
you need to further ungroup and edit the graphics in PPT or not.

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/