From: Xaler on
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to insert barcodes into SolidWorks drawings,
specifically 2D barcodes.

I have tried using 1D (or linear) barcodes using the relatively
straightforward Code-39, but it is rather long and takes up quite a
bit of space on the drawing.

There are suggestions by my barcode scanner vendor to go for the more
compact Code-128, but this requires a checksum; which means a macro
(or 3rd party plug-in) etc is required to insert the barcode into the
drawings.In this case I would rather go for 2D barcodes which is
probably more expandable in the long run.

Does anyone know how to approach inserting/embedding a 2D barcode
based on the drawing number?
Suggestions on how to go about implementing this?

Any help is appreciated.

NB: Using SolidWorks 2010, SP2.0

Best regards,
Richard A.
From: Deepak Gupta on
Rich,

There had been a discussion on SolidWorks Yahoo Group about the same
topic i.e. Bar Code but was slightly different than your need. But
still I feel that will cover your issue. Here is the link to the
discussion: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/solidworks/message/2477

Deepak Gupta
SW2009 SP4.1
SW2007 SP5.0
http://gupta9665.wordpress.com/

"Please consider the environment before printing this email."