From: Lauren Quantrell on
I've installed SQL Server 2005 on a dozen machines before but now I'm
stumped trying to install on Windows 7. I have installed the app, then
installed SP3 and keep getting the same problem: there are no SQL
Server services running. Using the Surface area Configuration tool I
cannot add any privileges because there are none listed in the tool. I
am guessing this is a rights issue but have looked in vein for a
solution.
Any help is appreciated.
lq
From: Tom van Stiphout on
On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 20:31:23 -0800 (PST), Lauren Quantrell
<laurenquantrell(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Perhaps this would help: Windows 7 requires Administrator rights to
run some programs. Even if you are logged in as Administrator you
would not necessarily have those rights. Right-click the app you want
to run, and select "Run as Administrator".

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP