From: msnews.microsoft.com on
When attempting to install IIS on my WinXP Pro sys (SP2 installed) I get the
following errors:

Setup cannot copy the file uiihelper.dll.

There are a great number of .dll files that I get this error with. The
install utility is looking in the C:\windows\ServicePackFiles\i386 folder,
however, all the files the installer appears to be searching for are in the
folder.

What can I do to overcome this hurdle?

Thanks

From: Bernard Cheah [MVP] on
See if this help
IIS on a computer that is running Windows XP Professional with SP2
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=894351

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah

From: msnews.microsoft.com on
The following is what was returned when performing the operation suggested
on the referred page. However, it gave no suggestions for the method to
repair it for the results I received. What might I do now?

It also assumes that I have the SP2 CD, however, I updated to SP2 online.
How would I get around that obstacle as well?

Thanks,
Ken

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Ken>esentutl /g
c:\windows\security\database\secedit.s
db

Microsoft(R) Windows(TM) Database Utilities
Version 5.1
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Initiating INTEGRITY mode...
Database: c:\windows\security\database\secedit.sdb
Temp. Database: TEMPINTEG2848.EDB

Checking database integrity.

The database is not up-to-date. This operation may find that
this database is corrupt because data from the log files has
yet to be placed in the database.

To ensure the database is up-to-date please use the 'Recovery' operation.

Scanning Status (% complete)

0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100
|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|

Integrity check successful.

Operation completed successfully in 1.140 seconds.

From: Brian Kramer on
Bernard, I am running into this kind of problem today. This morning, I ran
into unexpected problems that led me to reinstall XP SP2. It's now evening
and I'm still battling it.

On the third attempt to "Repair" the XP2 install, midway through I get the
error "Setup cannot copy the file iisRtl.dll." iisRtl.dl_ is right there on
the CD, and the setup simply won't take it. While in the setup, I hit browse
and try to rename iisRtl.dll (which works), but setup is still not satisfied.

I did run across the the article you just pointed the other guy to:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=894351

First observation: iisRtl.dl_ is not the only file I get it on. It happens
on about 15-20 other dll's including staxmem.dll. (Cancelling 20 or so times
eventually gets setup to the end, but rebooting results in a blue screen.)

Second observation: there's no way for me to run esentutl.exe, because I'm
essentially locked out of my computer.

Any ideas?

Thanks
--
Brian Kramer

From: Bernard Cheah [MVP] on
I'm guessing you can get the full xp2 and try it.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=049c9dbe-3b8e-4f30-8245-9e368d3cdb5a&displaylang=en

--

> The following is what was returned when performing the operation suggested
> on the referred page. However, it gave no suggestions for the method to
> repair it for the results I received. What might I do now?
>
> It also assumes that I have the SP2 CD, however, I updated to SP2 online.
> How would I get around that obstacle as well?
>
> Thanks,
> Ken
>
> Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
> (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Ken>esentutl /g
> c:\windows\security\database\secedit.s
> db
>
> Microsoft(R) Windows(TM) Database Utilities
> Version 5.1
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
>
> Initiating INTEGRITY mode...
> Database: c:\windows\security\database\secedit.sdb
> Temp. Database: TEMPINTEG2848.EDB
>
> Checking database integrity.
>
> The database is not up-to-date. This operation may find that
> this database is corrupt because data from the log files has
> yet to be placed in the database.
>
> To ensure the database is up-to-date please use the 'Recovery' operation.
>

> Scanning Status (% complete)
>
> 0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100
> |----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|
>

> Integrity check successful.
>
> Operation completed successfully in 1.140 seconds.
>
> "Bernard Cheah [MVP]" <qbernard(a)hotmail.com.discuss> wrote in message
>> See if this help
>> IIS on a computer that is running Windows XP Professional with SP2
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=894351
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Bernard Cheah
>> http://www.iis-resources.com/
>> http://www.iiswebcastseries.com/
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/bernard/
>>

>> "msnews.microsoft.com" <KennyGK(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> When attempting to install IIS on my WinXP Pro sys (SP2 installed) I get
>>> the following errors:
>>>
>>> Setup cannot copy the file uiihelper.dll.
>>>
>>> There are a great number of .dll files that I get this error with. The
>>> install utility is looking in the C:\windows\ServicePackFiles\i386
>>> folder, however, all the files the installer appears to be searching for
>>> are in the folder.
>>>
>>> What can I do to overcome this hurdle?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

 |  Next  |  Last