From: John H Meyers on
It is possible to read something and yet overlook some detail,
particularly when delving into some new field -- I've even done it myself! ;-)

In fact, I watched some recent science program about human attention and our brain,
where people concentrating on a task like counting how many times
people on a court were passing a basketball
were seen to completely miss noticing a person in a gorilla suit
who walked several times through the scene at hand -- in fact,
it turned out that I (and perhaps many other viewers)
missed such an event numerous times within the entire program,
as a review of certain scenes revealed (to perhaps equally surprised viewers)
toward the end of this very remarkable program.

Anyway, if your kid is just learning to walk, be sure to make him/her
practice over and over, and don't let anyone see him/her ever fall.

Some will deride the newbie, some will encourage and help,
more revealing about the commentator than about the object of comment.

-[ ]-