From: daveman on
On 6/8 Vista was fully patched. On 6/9 I was notified by WU of new available
updates including several security, .net, and MRT updates. I choose to
download and install them then after a few minutes I was prompted to reboot
to finish install. When I rebooted I got the usual message that I've seen
dozens of times over the years "Windows is Finishing Installing Updates- Do
not turn off your computer"
All is good so far ***THEN*** After a couple of minutes I get a message that
"Updates did not install correctly -removing updates" So I wait a few more
minutes and WU apparently finishes Uninstalling the updates.

When I finally get booted back up into Vista I opened WU "View Update
History" and (for the date in question) there are 9 updates marked as
"Successful" and no entry for any "Failed" ones. What gives??? If WU tried to
install and then uninstalled them how does that jive with the "Update
History". Are the updates truly installed or not???

Thank You
From: Peter Foldes on
Not much to go on. Run WU again and tell us which updates it wants to install over
again. You are using Vista and which SP is installed

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect