From: SMBetz on
Running current Windows XP Pro SP3 system with Office 2002. Attempted
install of latest June 2nd Tuesday updates and KB982311 failed to install.
From: petermad on
I have the same problem when the system tries to autoupdate KB982311. The
error code is 0x80070643 - and the system keeps trying to install this
particular update.

I am running Windows XP SP3. All other updates from june 11th 2010
installed without problems - only this one failed.

I don't have a genuine Microsoft Office 2003 installation - only the free
Office Viewers from Microsoft - maye that's the reason, though it has never
caused problems before when installing security fixes With Microsoft Update.

From: yours from Russia with love yours from Russia with on
I do not know the solution to this issue as I experience exactly the same as
"petermad" with MS Office 2003 PowerPoint Viewer. Have only this from the
whole MS Office suite and the problem replicates as described by "petermad".
Have submitted this to MS Support via e-mail, waiting for their solution.
Will share if would be given one.

From: Peter Foldes on
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Update-error-80070643

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

From: petermad on
Thanks Peter

I don't have .net installed, so that can't be the reason.

My setting in "Services" for "Office Source Engine" was "Manual" - I tried
setting it to "Automatic" and started the service, but it didn't help - I
still cannot install KB982311.

I have installed several other Office Updates, so I don't think that the
Office Source Engine is the problem here. There must be something wrong with
KB98231, that prevents it from being installed under certain conditions.

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Update-error-80070643
>
> --
> Peter

> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "petermad" <petermad(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have the same problem when the system tries to autoupdate KB982311. The
> > error code is 0x80070643 - and the system keeps trying to install this
> > particular update.
> >
> > I am running Windows XP SP3. All other updates from june 11th 2010
> > installed without problems - only this one failed.
> >
> > I don't have a genuine Microsoft Office 2003 installation - only the free
> > Office Viewers from Microsoft - maye that's the reason, though it has never
> > caused problems before when installing security fixes With Microsoft Update.
> >

> > "SMBetz" wrote:
> >
> >> Running current Windows XP Pro SP3 system with Office 2002. Attempted
> >> install of latest June 2nd Tuesday updates and KB982311 failed to install.
>
> .
>
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Connections.microsoft.com