From: dkbarclay on
I have the same problem. Running Windows XP Pro SP3. Office 2002. Followed
instructions in
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Update-error-80070643.
Set Office Source Engine t oAUtomatic and started it. Rebooted and verified
the settings - automatic and started. Tried to install update but it still
failed. Thanks for any help.

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Update-error-80070643
>
> --
> Peter

> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "petermad" <petermad(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have the same problem when the system tries to autoupdate KB982311. The
> > error code is 0x80070643 - and the system keeps trying to install this
> > particular update.
> >
> > I am running Windows XP SP3. All other updates from june 11th 2010
> > installed without problems - only this one failed.
> >
> > I don't have a genuine Microsoft Office 2003 installation - only the free
> > Office Viewers from Microsoft - maye that's the reason, though it has never
> > caused problems before when installing security fixes With Microsoft Update.
> >

> > "SMBetz" wrote:
> >
> >> Running current Windows XP Pro SP3 system with Office 2002. Attempted
> >> install of latest June 2nd Tuesday updates and KB982311 failed to install.
>
> .

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Connections.microsoft.com