From: Augusto Esteves on
Phillip Gawlowski wrote:

> The MinGW compiler used by ruby needs to know where the *header* files
> are to get them.
>
> My guess is that you need the source for libnfc, and add their path to
> your your %path% environment variable (if only temporarily), by doing
> something like "set path = %path%;C:\Path\To\Header\Files", and then
> "gem install".
>
> Mind, this doesn't guarantee, at all, that your gem will work. Or even
> that the libnfc you have works (the lib has to be compiled for windows,
> with a compiler compatible to MinGW32's gcc3.4 to be usable by Ruby),
> *and* the header files have to be usable for Windows, too.
>
> Linux and Windows platforms are *not* compatible to each other, so
> unless you know your way around C, and can fix the errors gcc/gem hands
> you, you'll either have to fix the errors yourself, or lobby the
> libnfc/nfc-gem maintainers to fix the issue (if, indeed, this is an
> issue for them in the first place).

I do have the binaries for Windows, the problem is where to put them in
order for the RubyGem installer to detect them. By running c:\gem
install nfc I get, amongst other things:

checking for libnfc/libnfc.h in
/opt/local/include,/opt/local/include,/usr/local
/include,C:/Ruby19/include,/usr/include... no

libnfc is missing. please install libnfc: http://libnfc.org/

I can trick this process by creating a folder libnfc inside
C:/Ruby19/include, and then put the libnfc.h there (as the rest of the
files). Doing that I get:

checking for libnfc/libnfc.h in
/opt/local/include,/opt/local/include,/usr/local
/include,C:/Ruby19/include,/usr/include... yes

checking for nfc_connect() in -lnfc... no

libnfc is missing. please install libnfc: http://libnfc.org/

So basically I need to figure out where everything goes, regarding the
libnfc binary files.

From: Phillip Gawlowski on
On 29.12.2009 03:00, Augusto Esteves wrote:

> checking for nfc_connect() in -lnfc... no
>
> libnfc is missing. please install libnfc: http://libnfc.org/
>
> So basically I need to figure out where everything goes, regarding the
> libnfc binary files.

I'd try putting the libnfc-binary into your %PATH% somewhere, or at
least c:\Ruby\lib\.. since that is, probably, where the compiler is looking.

It's pretty much trial and error for both of us here. :|

--
Phillip Gawlowski

From: Arrumaco on
On Dec 28, 10:00 pm, Augusto Esteves <augusto...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Phillip Gawlowski wrote:
> > The MinGW compiler used by ruby needs to know where the *header* files
> > are to get them.
>
> > My guess is that you need the source for libnfc, and add their path to
> > your your %path% environment variable (if only temporarily), by doing
> > something like "set path = %path%;C:\Path\To\Header\Files", and then
> > "gem install".
>
> > Mind, this doesn't guarantee, at all, that your gem will work. Or even
> > that the libnfc you have works (the lib has to be compiled for windows,
> > with a compiler compatible to MinGW32's gcc3.4 to be usable by Ruby),
> > *and* the header files have to be usable for Windows, too.
>
> > Linux and Windows platforms are *not* compatible to each other, so
> > unless you know your way around C, and can fix the errors gcc/gem hands
> > you, you'll either have to fix the errors yourself, or lobby the
> > libnfc/nfc-gem maintainers to fix the issue (if, indeed, this is an
> > issue for them in the first place).
>
> I do have the binaries for Windows, the problem is where to put them in
> order for the RubyGem installer to detect them. By running c:\gem
> install nfc I get, amongst other things:
>
> checking for libnfc/libnfc.h in
> /opt/local/include,/opt/local/include,/usr/local
> /include,C:/Ruby19/include,/usr/include... no
>
> libnfc is missing.  please install libnfc:http://libnfc.org/
>
> I can trick this process by creating a folder libnfc inside
> C:/Ruby19/include, and then put the libnfc.h there (as the rest of the
> files). Doing that I get:
>
> checking for libnfc/libnfc.h in
> /opt/local/include,/opt/local/include,/usr/local
> /include,C:/Ruby19/include,/usr/include... yes
>
> checking for nfc_connect() in -lnfc... no
>
> libnfc is missing.  please install libnfc:http://libnfc.org/
>
> So basically I need to figure out where everything goes, regarding the
> libnfc binary files.

Try install the Windows components connected as "Administrator". Is
useless a user with the administrator role.
From: Augusto Esteves on
Arrumaco wrote:
> On Dec 28, 10:00�pm, Augusto Esteves <augusto...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> > that the libnfc you have works (the lib has to be compiled for windows,
>> order for the RubyGem installer to detect them. By running c:\gem
>> files). Doing that I get:
>> libnfc binary files.
>>
>> --

> Try install the Windows components connected as "Administrator". Is
> useless a user with the administrator role.

I'm using Windows XP SP3 :/

From: Phillip Gawlowski on
On 30.12.2009 00:09, Augusto Esteves wrote:

>> Try install the Windows components connected as "Administrator". Is
>> useless a user with the administrator role.
>
> I'm using Windows XP SP3 :/

Ruby and the devkit need admin rights only on installation, anyway.

--
Phillip Gawlowski

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2