From: Reid Thompson on
On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 03:26 +0900, Tor Erik Linnerud wrote:
> -lms/libpq
what is this supposed to be?

From: Luis Lavena on
On Mar 4, 8:41 pm, Reid Thompson <reid.thomp...(a)ateb.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 03:26 +0900, Tor Erik Linnerud wrote:
> > -lms/libpq
>
> what is this supposed to be?

Is testing the locations of the libraries:

http://bitbucket.org/ged/ruby-pg/src/tip/ext/extconf.rb#cl-103

If cannot find one, then reports the problem.

I see that postgres was installed using homebrew, which I'm not
familiar with the settings it will use to build stuff.

I would suggest you direct these questions to the developers of pg
gem, as this issue is quite specific of your combination of elements
in your environment.

You can find all the related links here:

http://rubygems.org/gems/pg

Apologizes for not being more helpful.
--
Luis Lavena
From: Michael Granger on
On 03/04/2010 06:35 AM, Tor Erik Linnerud wrote:
>> checking for pg_config... yes
>> checking for libpq-fe.h... yes
>> checking for libpq/libpq-fs.h... yes
>> checking for PQconnectdb() in -lpq... no
>> checking for PQconnectdb() in -llibpq... no
>> checking for PQconnectdb() in -lms/libpq... no
>> Can't find the PostgreSQL client library (libpq)
>
> I am having the exact same problem on a fresh install on Snow Leopard
> with Ruby 1.9.1p376 and postgres installed via homebrew. This is the
> last entry from mkmf.log

I assume you're the anonymous creator of this ticket:

http://bitbucket.org/ged/ruby-pg/issue/24/090-gem-fails-to-build

as the description looks the same. If you are, you have the ARCHFLAGS
environment variable set to "-arch i386", which isn't correct for Snow
Leopard. Try either unsetting ARCHFLAGS, in which case the build system
should detect the correct setting, or reset it manually to "-arch x86_64".

If you aren't the creator of that ticket (and you aren't manually
setting your ARCHFLAGS to the incorrect architecture), please file a bug
with the output from 'gem install pg' here:

http://bitbucket.org/ged/ruby-pg/issues/new/

and attach your mkmf.log in its entirety. Thanks!

--
Michael Granger <ged(a)FaerieMUD.org>
Rubymage, Architect, Believer

From: Tor Erik Linnerud on
> I assume you're the anonymous creator of this ticket:
> http://bitbucket.org/ged/ruby-pg/issue/24/090-gem-fails-to-build

That is correct :)

> as the description looks the same. If you are, you have the ARCHFLAGS
> environment variable set to "-arch i386", which isn't correct for Snow
> Leopard. Try either unsetting ARCHFLAGS, in which case the build system
> should detect the correct setting, or reset it manually to "-arch
> x86_64".

Doh! Even though the system it completely new, I had copied over my
bash_profile and it was indeed setting ARCHFLAGS to '-arch i386'. Works
perfectly after removing it.

Thanks a lot for the help, much appreciated.

Tor Erik

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: Counting a string