From: Martin Racette on
Hi,
I tried to install Visual Studio Express 2010 (VB, C#, C++, and Web
Develloper), and in the installation it need to install SQL EXPRESS (x64),
but it always end up with that it is unable to install SQL EXPRESS

So I downloaded the installation from the EXPRESS website, for both x86 and
x64, and neither can install when they install the SETUP FILES I get an
error

The following error has occurred:

Could not open key:
UNKNOWN\Components\43C313DB6EBAD154F901C6B5BFA69F06\C2BF01D69A282F04190DB76EC40FAD2F.
Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support
personne

I do have Administrator right, since I am the only user of that computer

BTW when I removed the SQL Server which does not work at all, it somehow
did something to the Office 2007 installation, and the only way to recover
from that was to
restore a 2 days old backup

SO I would like to know how to install Visual Studio 2010, and make sure
that it works like it is suppose to (with SQl Express if possible)

BTW I need answer asap since we will loose all this help system soon, since
Microsoft is removing all newsgroup, there will be no help anymore

--
Thank You in Advance
Merci a l'avance

Martin

From: mick on

"Martin Racette" <rat7_2001(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I tried to install Visual Studio Express 2010 (VB, C#, C++, and Web
> Develloper), and in the installation it need to install SQL EXPRESS (x64),
> but it always end up with that it is unable to install SQL EXPRESS
>
> So I downloaded the installation from the EXPRESS website, for both x86
> and x64, and neither can install when they install the SETUP FILES I get
> an error
>
> The following error has occurred:
>
> Could not open key:
> UNKNOWN\Components\43C313DB6EBAD154F901C6B5BFA69F06\C2BF01D69A282F04190DB76EC40FAD2F.
> Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your
> support personne
>
> I do have Administrator right, since I am the only user of that computer

Have you tried running the installer as administrator?

mick

From: Martin Racette on
That is how I always run any installer, otherwise they do not even run

--
Thank You in Advance
Merci a l'avance

Martin