From: Martin Racette on
Hi,

I tried to install Visual Studio Express 2010 (VB, C#, C++, and Web
Develloper), and in the installation it need to install SQL EXPRESS (x64),
but it always end up with that it is unable to install SQL EXPRESS

So I downloaded the installation from the EXPRESS website, for both x86 and
x64, and neither can install when they install the SETUP FILES I get an
error

The following error has occurred:

Could not open key:
UNKNOWN\Components\43C313DB6EBAD154F901C6B5BFA69F06\C2BF01D69A282F04190DB76EC40FAD2F.
Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support
personne

I do have Administrator right, since I am the only user of that computer

BTW I use Vista 64
--
Thank You in Advance
Merci a l'avance

Martin

From: Mr. Arnold on
Martin Racette wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to install Visual Studio Express 2010 (VB, C#, C++, and Web
> Develloper), and in the installation it need to install SQL EXPRESS
> (x64), but it always end up with that it is unable to install SQL EXPRESS
>
> So I downloaded the installation from the EXPRESS website, for both x86
> and x64, and neither can install when they install the SETUP FILES I get
> an error
>
> The following error has occurred:
>
> Could not open key:
> UNKNOWN\Components\43C313DB6EBAD154F901C6B5BFA69F06\C2BF01D69A282F04190DB76EC40FAD2F.
> Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your
> support personne
>
> I do have Administrator right, since I am the only user of that computer

No, don't have full admin rights on Vista, not with the admin account
Vista gives you out of the box.

This is the only admin account that has full admin rights on Vista.

<http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/enable-the-hidden-administrator-account-on-windows-vista/>
From: Geoff Schaller on
Gee - just give yourself the rights!

Also turn off UAC whilst you do all the installs. SQL Server will not
install correctly if you are not an administrator.

Geoff Schaller
Software Objectives

From: Martin Racette on
I have ADMINISTRATOR rights