From: Romano on
I am not able to install the Driver Kit. It errors out almost immediately
with Error installing Device Simulation Framework Development Environment" I
am running Windows Professional with Service Pack 3 and the latest .Net
framework (3.5). I was wondering if someone could help me track down the
cause of the failed installation. Where can I look in the log file or
somewhere else to see what the cause is? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in
advance.
From: Don Burn on
I assume that is Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3? First question
is do you want the device simulation framework, this is a software
environment for simulating USB devices. If you don't I believe you can
choose not to install it, which may get you past the problem.

Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD)
Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting
Website: http://www.windrvr.com
Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/WinDrvr