From: Bob Butler on

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quoted-printable

From: Dennis Rose on

"dpb" wrote:

> Dee Earley wrote:

> >> Ah, of course...see, I said I didn't know XML encoding conventions... :)
> >
> > It's not an XML encoding, it is used by emails primarily, but I can't
> > remember exactly which method it is.
>
> OK, I just parroted XML 'cuz that's what somebody else said it was...I
> hadn't read most of the thread until coming in late. Anyway, I wasn't
> sure where the data was coming from...
>
> Maybe OP could take a very short segment including the troublesome line
> and send it to take a look at the actual contents. That seems to be the
> hangup here that he never posts the full binary contents of enough of
> the text to see what's actually embedded fully.
>
> Or post a segment from debug or a binary file-viewer of choice
> containing the subject line...
>
> --
>

> .
> OK Guys, just goes to show what happens when you have been at too long. I had typed a "=3d" instead of "=3D" and that was what caused my latest INSTR test to fail.

I would like to thank each one of you for all of the help you have been on
this!!!!

By the way, some of the XML emails have the "=3D" and some don't, but the
test works correctly on eitherif I include the "=3D" in my test string.

Thanks again.

From: Bob Butler on

"Dennis Rose" <DennisRose(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
<cut>
> By the way, some of the XML emails have the "=3D" and some don't, but the
> test works correctly on eitherif I include the "=3D" in my test string.

that doesn't sound right; it can't work on both.

?instr("test a=b string","a=b")
6
?instr("test a=b string","a=3Db")
0

?instr("test a=3Db string","a=b")
0
?instr("test a=3Db string","a=3Db")
6

From: dpb on
Dennis Rose wrote:
>> OK Guys, just goes to show what happens when you have been at too
>> long. I had typed a "=3d" instead of "=3D" and that was what
>> caused my latest INSTR test to fail.

That'd do it... :)

> I would like to thank each one of you for all of the help you have been on
> this!!!!

No problem...

> By the way, some of the XML emails have the "=3D" and some don't, but the
> test works correctly on either if I include the "=3D" in my test string.

I'm w/ Bob here...again, just like it doesn't work if the search string
doesn't include the hidden encoding when it's there, a search via
INSTR() _CAN'T_ work when it doesn't appear if the search string
contains the encoding.

kosher. Specifically, if the e-mail is really QP-encoded, there
shouldn't be any way to have it generate different encodings.

--
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7