From: neverbeen on

Off and on two of my toolbars show up black with yellow stars for
Favorites and icons for Home etc. I can see the desktop in slices
through one of the black strips. Sometimes restarting corrects it,
sometimes not. I can't fix it with manage toolbars or anything else
I've tried. This is fairly new. PC was worked on recently with all new
guts. Use XP.
neverbeen

--
neverbeen
From: John Inzer on
neverbeen wrote:
> Off and on two of my toolbars show up black with yellow stars for
> Favorites and icons for Home etc. I can see the desktop in slices
> through one of the black strips. Sometimes restarting corrects it,
> sometimes not. I can't fix it with manage toolbars or anything else
> I've tried. This is fairly new. PC was worked on recently with all
> new guts. Use XP.
> neverbeen
======================================
I had this issue with Internet Explorer 8 and the fix
was change my theme to Windows Classic.

Start / Control Panel / Display / Themes / Windows Classic

Here's a screenshot:

Internet Explorer 8 - corrupted
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2629/3952112288_63cfb08311_o.jpg

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Pick one or two:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general/search?group=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general&q=black%2Btoolbar&qt_g=Search+this+group
--
IE-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

From: Barry Schwarz on
On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:58:44 -0800, "The Real Truth MVP"
<trt(a)void.com> wrote:

>Try my FixIE Tool. Download it here http://www.ms-mvp.org/

This is not the MVP site despite its fake logos.

The correct MVP site is http://www.mvps.org/.

--
Remove del for email
From: Toni on
"The Real Truth MVP"wrote...
> Try my FixIE Tool. Download it here http://www.ms-mvp.org/

McAfee says the above website is a security risk and installs malware:
http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/ms-mvp.org