From: Dene Charlesworth on
I just got a LG LS50 laptop with an Intel WirelessPro 2200BG adapter. I
am trying to connect it to my existing network via a Dlink DWL-2100AP.
The signal strength reports as ok but it won't connect. I am using WEP
128 bit security. The authentication is correct.
My other laptop with a Dlink DWL-G650 works perfectly.
Any suggestions?
--
Dene Charlesworth
denebarry(a)gmail.com
From: Clark on
Start by turning off the security and see if you can connect.

Can you ping the network?

Do you have it set to see your b/g devices, or are they all g?

Are you using the Windown WZC or the Intel configuration utility?

Do you use MAC filtering?

Clark

From: Dene Charlesworth on
Clark wrote:
> Start by turning off the security and see if you can connect.
>
> Can you ping the network?
>
> Do you have it set to see your b/g devices, or are they all g?
>
> Are you using the Windown WZC or the Intel configuration utility?
>
> Do you use MAC filtering?
>
> Clark
>
> Dene Charlesworth wrote:
>
>> I just got a LG LS50 laptop with an Intel WirelessPro 2200BG adapter.
>> I am trying to connect it to my existing network via a Dlink DWL-2100AP.
>> The signal strength reports as ok but it won't connect. I am using WEP
>> 128 bit security. The authentication is correct.
>> My other laptop with a Dlink DWL-G650 works perfectly.
>> Any suggestions?

I have the same problem with no encryption at all.
It is set to obtain IP address automatically.
I disabled the Intel 2200BG & installed the G650 from the other laptop &
it worked ok.
If all else fails I might have to buy another G650 but I would really
like to get the intel unit working.

I use a 26 digit hex key. It is very simple & hard to stuff up.
No MAC filtering.
All devices are b/g
I can't ping anything because there is no connection.
--
Dene Charlesworth
denebarry(a)gmail.com
From: Clark on
You did not mention if which configuration utility you are using. If
you use the WZC, you might try installing the Intel ProSet manager to
see if that can get the card to work.

If you have the SSID broadcast turned off, try turning it on. Are you
able to see the network with the Intel card?

I am assuming the Intel card shows up and you can configure it.

Clark

From: Dene Charlesworth on
Clark wrote:
> You did not mention if which configuration utility you are using. If
> you use the WZC, you might try installing the Intel ProSet manager to
> see if that can get the card to work.
>
> If you have the SSID broadcast turned off, try turning it on. Are you
> able to see the network with the Intel card?
>
> I am assuming the Intel card shows up and you can configure it.
>
> Clark
>
> Dene Charlesworth wrote:
>
>> Clark wrote:
>>
>>> Start by turning off the security and see if you can connect.
>>>
>>> Can you ping the network?
>>>
>>> Do you have it set to see your b/g devices, or are they all g?
>>>
>>> Are you using the Windown WZC or the Intel configuration utility?
>>>
>>> Do you use MAC filtering?
>>>
>>> Clark

>> I have the same problem with no encryption at all.
>> It is set to obtain IP address automatically.
>> I disabled the Intel 2200BG & installed the G650 from the other laptop
>> & it worked ok.
>> If all else fails I might have to buy another G650 but I would really
>> like to get the intel unit working.
>>
>> I use a 26 digit hex key. It is very simple & hard to stuff up.
>> No MAC filtering.
>> All devices are b/g
>> I can't ping anything because there is no connection.
The card shows up & I can configure it. Tried pro/set, boingo, IP
Loader, various drivers. All failed.

--
Dene Charlesworth
denebarry(a)gmail.com