From: Sid Touati on
http://www.eweek.com/c/a/IT-Infrastructure/Intel-Investing-Millions-for-Supercomputer-Research-in-Europe-171707/
From: Noob on
Sid Touati wrote:

> http://www.eweek.com/c/a/IT-Infrastructure/Intel-Investing-Millions-for-Supercomputer-Research-in-Europe-171707/

The original press release.
http://www.cea.fr/le_cea/actualites/laboratoire_exascale_cea_intel-25513
From: Robert Myers on
On Nov 26, 8:17 am, Noob <r...(a)127.0.0.1> wrote:
> Sid Touati wrote:
> >http://www.eweek.com/c/a/IT-Infrastructure/Intel-Investing-Millions-f...
>
> The original press release.http://www.cea.fr/le_cea/actualites/laboratoire_exascale_cea_intel-25513

Maybe Europe will save us, so long as the University of Cambridge (and
it's over-confident ops chief) stays out of it. Europe (sans the UK,
which has US envy) may save us. The pursuit of (whatever)-flops,
appears, though, to he a pandemic. A very, very sad state of
affairs. Open rathole. Pour in euros. Intel, sadly, has top-500
envy.

Robert.
From: ChrisQ on
Robert Myers wrote:

> Maybe Europe will save us, so long as the University of Cambridge (and
> it's over-confident ops chief) stays out of it. Europe (sans the UK,
> which has US envy) may save us. The pursuit of (whatever)-flops,
> appears, though, to he a pandemic. A very, very sad state of
> affairs. Open rathole. Pour in euros. Intel, sadly, has top-500
> envy.
>
> Robert.

Us envy ?. You are joking, right ?. After the events of the last few
years, I would say more to be pitied. Nice place to visit though.

If intel are coming to Europe, perhaps it's because they have run out of
fine minds to reprogram in the us, or is it just that the us doesn't
have them anyway ?...

Regards,

Chris

From: Robert Myers on
On Nov 27, 8:55 am, ChrisQ <m...(a)devnull.com> wrote:

> Us envy ?. You are joking, right ?. After the events of the last few
> years, I would say more to be pitied. Nice place to visit though.
>
> If intel are coming to Europe, perhaps it's because they have run out of
> fine minds to reprogram in the us, or is it just that the us doesn't
> have them anyway ?...

Oh, don't take it so personally.

The only hot subject left in computers right now is stealing financial
information, and the former Warsaw pact holds an insurmountable lead
in that area.

Unless and until someone decides that thermonuclear warheads are no
longer important, the UK will be tied to the US and its bloated bomb
establishment. Don't take it too hard. The special relationship
gives the UK a place at the table while the US decides which mistake
it will make next.

What we're talking about here matters only to politicians,
bureaucrats, and bureaucrat-wannabe's posing as scientists, which is
"Mine (my computer that is) is bigger than yours."

Robert.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: I love USB displays!