From: Eugene on
Hi, All
Is there any way to intercept subdirectory creation in the minifilter driver
preoperation (or postoperation) callback routine? I track all calls with
MajorFunction == IRP_MJ_WRITE but when subdirectory is created, DesiredAccess
(Data->Iopb->Parameters.Create.SecurityContext->DesiredAccess) value is set
to 0x100001 (FILE_READ_DATA/FILE_LIST_DIRECTORY | SYNCHRONIZE) and any write
access is not specified.

Thanks, Eugene.
From: Don Burn on
Directories are created with IRP_MJ_CREATE so I am not sure why you are
looking at write calls. If you are not aware file system questions are
best answered on the NTFSD forum hosted at http://www.osronline.com/ That
is the list where all the file system people (including a number from
Microsoft) hang out.

Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD)
Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting
Website: http://www.windrvr.com
Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/WinDrvr

From: Eugene on
Thanks, Don,
Sorry for mistake, of course i'm tracking calls with IRP_MJ_CREATE.

From: Scott Noone on
You need to inspect the create disposition, not the desired access. Search
for disposition here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff548630(VS.85).aspx

And follow the link to see the available options.

You can see the FASTFAT source for an example of extracting the disposition
from the create options.

(Also, Don's advice of going to NTFSD is good)

-scott

--
Scott Noone
Consulting Associate