From: alt.windows7.general on
Just thought I would mention this.. I just did a fresh install of win 7 pro
64 and went through the WEI at which point my system scored a 7.4.
Afterwards I thought well heck I have not even updated the graphics to the
latest from ATI's site! (windows drivers only). After going to ATI and doing
that and refreshing my WEI, I found it dropped to 6.1 !! Go figure! It might
be interesting to see if someone else experiences this.

From: Bobby Johnson on
My score increased after loading the ATI drivers, but it depends heavily
on your particular graphics card.

It is virtually impossible to make an intelligent evaluation of your
situation without specific information about your hardware.

From: alt.windows7.general on
Hey Bobby...You and I have had discussions before but my name showed up..
does not seem to anymore
quadcore intel q6600
d975xbx2 motherboard
4gigs ddr 800
ati 4850 sapphire toxic 512

Anything else needed I will provide............................... Drew

From: Bobby Johnson on
I can't say for sure, but there are a lot of problems with the ATI
drivers since they introduced the 5000 series chips and are trying to
get the bugs worked out for them.

From: Drew on
Yeah go figure...Thanks for the info Bobby !!