From: Sunil Kumar on
Can i please know how to connect to the internet using my internal
modem using debian..?
I can connect it through an external modem via the usb port...But its
not possible to do it via the internal modem..please tell me what to
do..?

Sunil writes:
> Can i please know how to connect to the internet using my internal
> modem using debian..?

What kind of modem do you have, what have you tried, and what were the
results?
--
John Hasler

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 10:37:11AM -0400, Sunil Kumar wrote:
> Can i please know how to connect to the internet using my internal
> modem using debian..?
> I can connect it through an external modem via the usb port...But its
> not possible to do it via the internal modem..please tell me what to
> do..?

What reserch have you done?

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279
From: Mark Allums on
On 8/12/2010 9:37 AM, Sunil Kumar wrote:
> Can i please know how to connect to the internet using my internal
> modem using debian..?
> I can connect it through an external modem via the usb port...But its
> not possible to do it via the internal modem..please tell me what to
> do..?

Many internal modems are not supported in Linux because they require
firmware to be loaded to the modem by the driver (i.e., the kernel) and
this firmware is not available. You should determine if your modem is
one with or without a Linux driver and/or firmware support.